Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I re-introduce to you. . . Me


Okay America! So at one point in my life, life itself became not so user friendly. So I did what any other sane individual would do. I hit the stop button cause I wanted to get off the ride. I went into seclusion to gather what I had learned about life, people and most importantly me. It’s interesting that life is always changing and consistently evolving however when we come back to it we are without a doubt always surprise that because we hit pause on living, life still played out without us while we were not there!
Anyone who knows me knows that I am at a current phase in my life where control is a must, I know there are elements in life that I will never be able to control but in the reality of my mental state I can control everything else lol hahahaha (yeah right!). I shut down my face book, turned off my cell phone and changed my e mail address. I have not FB since June of 2009(no myspace, no twitter, no nothing). Wow life is possible without the interaction of Americas social net works! Lol! You will most certainly be out of the loop but you will live.


I live in the Midwest in a city that is slowly progressing however the rules of six degrees of separation are so evident here its crazy. I was a well known stylist here with a buzz, over time that buzz went to a whisper and that whisper slowly went to a non-existent dialog. As well all know if you’re trying to pick a business up off the ground then “buzz” is very important. While away I examined how I operated in business, I measured the true extent of my professionalism, and I pondered on the mistakes I made that would always leave others full and well blessed, however that same scenario always left me without and empty.
Hair beauty and fashion are things I love, I can do them with my eyes closed a hand tied behind my back and dangling upside down. Okay! Okay! Maybe not literally but you get the jest of what I am saying. Over time I had noticed that I had secluded myself to my own island, creativity runs through my veins, it’s the air I breath but any artist knows that creativity has to remain in a productive state to thrive and evolve so you surround yourself around other artist that remain in a mode of creativity. I blocked that and when all you have is you, then you better have a serious arsenal of ammo to survive while your in seclusion brothers and sisters!
My money was funny, and I was the punch line of its jokes, I had allowed others to dictate and run how I ran a rather thriving business for myself, in the end I had no one to blame but myself and that was sad as we are always looking for someone to blame. I was honest with myself I revamped life(personally) and from a business standpoint. I am now what I call re-introducing “me” back to the rest of the world, it’s a humbling and yet satisfying experience.
The beauty world is a revolving door for everyone that goes five more come for the five that come one will make it to the top and the other four will in some way be in competition with each other. I returned to the public aspect of the beauty industry and seen that there were those who it would seem had taken my place. To the ignorant eye I was a has been just here to watch the billows roll as time went by, I my mind I was back in an atmosphere where creativity thrived and for once I was working with individuals on my particular creative level. I inhaled for the first time in a long time and life began to start again for me. I have always prided myself on my abilities to transform ANYTHING, interior rooms, hair, faces, wardrobes, closets, if it dealt with beauty, design, or fashion I was on it and at this point I was in a place to work my way up from what would seem like a stylist proverbial bottom. I returned with a slow clientele, and a chair that spent on a rather aspartic basis as opposed to my co-workers continuous pumping and spinning, I sat back and watched and took notice.
This is the place where your love for what you do takes over as most individuals bounce and roll out at the building/rebuilding phase, but those who love it hone in, use the time to assess and learn, beef up techniques, as faith would have them knowing that in a short time their season would come, and if you have managed your time wisely all your waiting is not in vain.
I always pay attention to the things that come out of peoples mouths and their reactions to others. I was literally treated like an individual who was fresh out of the beauty school. I was told everything from, “one day you’ll get your skill up,” to “your technical abilities will grow over time.” I got cramps in my stomach as I watched an individual performing his craft and I will never forget how a person came and advised me “one day you will be as good as them.” This was very interesting to me, not that I thought I was better than anyone, but the fact that a judgment was made about me by individuals who knew nothing about me, or my history. The funny thing was the task I was watching I had performed time and time again. In no way am I arrogant however my teeth are pretty long when it comes to hair, fashion and beauty.
I simply smiled to the young lady and walked back to the suite I shared with an individual who in my mind would rule the entire state of Ohio and abroad if she wanted to. She’s the coldest stylist in the game Cynthia “the truth Barnes. I discussed with her the details of my mind she responded to me with two words “show em!” You see in the salon your nothing until your proven and with this particular set of individuals I was not proven, I was seen, and critiqued but not proven. I met Cynthia years back, she took me under her wing fresh out of hair school. I will never forget her words “When I am done with you, you’re gonna shine, but no one will want to come out and play with you.” That proved itself to be true.
Long story short I don’t regret what I did or where I am, I don’t regret the pieces of my life that I have shared more so then I may regret some of the individuals I may have shared those pieces with. Right now I may not be the #1 pick in an all star line up draft in the eyes of my very talented and skilled counter parts, but in just a few seconds all jaws will drop, all eyes will be on me only this time I am a wiser and better person. With a better outlook on life, business, and the possibilities they both can afford you. So don’t sleep on me for too long as after you get up and wipe your eyes you’ll soon see that I was the wild card in a hand that was well played!  
They say “never judge a book by its cover!”

I would simply admonish you to flip through the pages first; you may find an interesting read, a life changing piece of advice, or the much needed word to help you through a storm.
Myster

No comments:

Post a Comment