Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Forgiveness


Forgiveness!  The one thing that releases us from the negative situational tie to another in a form that is unhealthy for our being. It is the one element that has tested every human being on earth at least one time or another. Forgiveness is a part of life that not only frees us, but in many ways it testifies to our maturity.
It is safe to say that if you live on this earth, at some time or the other you will be tested with the mandate of forgiveness in some way shape or form, and if you have not yet then please! Keep on living! In my life I have experienced much and though much of it was wrong it would be easy for me to play the victim, however I choose to look back at life and declare! “It did not kill me!” In being honest I will say that it took some time to let things go and walk forward. You see in my mind at one time I thought forgiveness was simply moving on.
True forgiveness and the ability to move on do work together hand in hand, however you have truly forgiven until you can see the person for who they are and not what they have done to you. You are only able to move on after you have forgiven.  You can’t skip over in the process. I will admit that though I have had to learn to forgive, and have practiced forgiving often, I will say there are still times that I am challenged with the ability to do it.
The bible says to forgive for with the same measure you forgive others, you will also be forgiven. No matter how difficult you must always toggle through and forgive those who have trespassed against you, as if you don’t, you bind yourself to them and their action. Forgiveness not only allows you to let go but to also force the situation to let go of you with, out sowing seeds that would eventually cause you to birth bitterness.
Today choose to forgive, and let go, walk I this life freely, without being tied to the past! If we consistently think about the fact that we have done wrong and would like to e forgiven by those we have wronged, it makes it easier to forgive those who have wronged us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment