Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tool reviews

VS
Until recently I was sold on the GHD brand, I however happened to relocate Salons, and was introduced to a new flatiron by the Babyliss brand. With GHD I have the "smartchip" technology advantage of having my flatiron  go into a idle mode after twenty minutes of non usage thus saving energy(go green!). It will also stop heating if there is any sort of condensation problem. Those are great attributes the heat is even throught the tourmaline plates, and the design is great for usage.

When introduced to the Babyliss brand there were not allot of bells and whistles. You would think at first sight you were working with an inferior product, but don't be fooled! You have a standard design, and adjustable heating switch, an off/on button and titanium blades. I noticed the Babyliss flat iron done better with my clients who had natural hair, I did not have to go over the hair sections multiple times but with my GHD I did, the end results were the same, straightened hair with a shine and wonderful manageability however the Babyliss flat iron gave me the same result with less work.

When using the Babyliss on clients with weave I noticed that it was not such a great contender. For weave and extensions I had to resort back to my GHD brand. As a stylist I would recommend both brands however I would simply see having them both just as having multiple curling irons or brushes, both irons hold their own weight, both irons do a great job, however both irons are very different in ability and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment